The Wolfeborough Railroad Baldwin 250 engine was the last engine operating on the Wolfeboro line through the 1970s and 1980s. It was built in 1926 in Pennsylvania and was used on the Bonhomie & Hattiesburg Southern in Mississippi and later the Wannamaker, Kempton & Southern in Pennsylvania. In 1972 it was purchased by the Wolfeborough Railroad, and made its first trip to Wolfeboro on August 1, 1972, nearly one hundred years after the first locomotive brought a train to Wolfeboro on August 19, 1872. It is now on display at Edaville in South Carver, MA. There is a YouTube video giving a tour of the engine.
Historical Photos are from the Wolfeboro Historical Society Image Archive and Postcard Archive.